Thursday, October 4, 2012

Life Throws You Curves But You Learn to Swerve

Initially, the focus of my Capstone was how Stephanie Boyd, the children's mother, handles being a mother to ten children with disabilities on a day-to-day basis. 

After spending my first stint with the family in early July, I realized that the story was actually about how far the children have come since being adopted.  This required a change in everything I had initially prepared for my documentary.  However, I was very happy to see that in spending time with the family, a focus for my Capstone became so clear.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, your story and subject matter is so compelling. I appreciate how your making it personal by showing the pictures of this girl, and giving us a context for how massive an undertaking this is for the mom, Stephanie, with just one child alone! Add to that more children and I am thoroughly impressed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete