Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Attempting to Spread the Word about International Adoption

        I plan on entering my documentary in the Spirit Quest Film Festival at Edinboro University and the Peace on Earth Film Festival at the Chicago Culture Center on March 7-10.  The reason for selecting the Spirit Quest Film Festival is that it is an opportunity for participants to showcase documentaries which highlight the human experience in everyday life.  This is a perfect opportunity because my documentary will showcase day-to-day life for the Boyd family.   

       I also plan on entering my documentary in the Peace on Earth Film Festival as that festival goal is to raise awareness of peace, nonviolence, social justice and an eco-balanced world.  My documentary will enlighten the audience on the horrors and injustices found in adoption agencies globally; it will also show how one family in particular gives children a way out of that horrid life.  I believe that would fit perfectly under that festival’s objective.  The challenges of presenting at both of these festivals are going to be affording the cost of submitting my documentary and covering travel costs to get to the festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment